Tuesday, May 28, 2013


Beaver Creek Valley State Park,, what an interesting and Beautiful park but be warned. Cell hone service in the campground is pretty non existent (perfect).

Again I had some family with me which is one reason it is one of my favorites.
I forgot to get a picture of the sign.
Pulling in to the campground was interesting, I have always been told to
never drive over a flooded road. Here it is set up that the stream flows over the road.

 
 
I really want to come back in the winter, they say the stream is spring fed and always 45 degrees so even in the middle of winter it has green vegetation.
 
There is a small playground.

And a lot of hiking trails, most are very steep and up and down. But the views are beautiful.

We did a lot of walking.
 
We did see people fishing in the stream and they caught a few fish but there is no lake or swim area.
The campground is tucked in a small valley and despite it being a very hot day it stayed relatively cool and wet.  The campsites are pretty close together with not a lot of trees between each site so you don't get much of a sense of privacy.
If your main objective is to walk trails this is a great place, and one I am planning on returning to especially in the middle of winter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment