Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Buffalo River State Park
This park is in north western Minnesota. Took me about 4 1/2 hours to drive here.
 
 Not too many trees in this campground, western Minnesota has a lot of prairie.
You could fit a very large RV in one of these spots and reach out to shake your neighbors hand..
The area for tents has a few more trees.
I was tucked back do far one other camper did not even know I was there.
 
This is the first time I have seen a pool with a sand beach, it sure looked like fun.
The rangers told me on a hot day it gets very crowded.
 
Another picture of the campground to show how open the area is. 
 
The trails wind through trees and across prairie.
There is fishing in the river, and a golf course is located near the park.
Did not see playground equipment but they do have a picnic area.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment