Sunday, May 26, 2013

Blue Mounds State Park - Pipestone MN

Hi, my name is Karen and I would like to introduce you to our Minnesota State Parks.
Our state parks have a wonderful easy to use website that introduces you to each state park.
 http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/index.html
You can make reservations, take a virtual tour of many of the parks as well as view individual campsites when making a reservation.
My goal is to visit each state park and encourage others to join me in our parks.

My first park to share is going to be one I look forward to sharing with my Grandkids when they get a bit older. It is down in Pipestone Minnesota in the southwestern corner of our state.

What is really fun is the buffalo, you can't get real close but there is a viewing platform to stand on.
This part of Minnesota is mostly flat prairie/farm land except for the mound that is a part of the park and you can hike to the top of.
Yes that really is a trail and it goes straight up.
Blue Mounds Park also has a lake with a really nice swimming beach, unfortunately the picture I took did not turn out, but you get a glimpse of it in this picture with a volleyball net and part of the swings at the playground.

The campground is nice but not a lot of trees separate each campsite.
There are several state parks within easy reach of here as well as the old pipestone quarry that was used by the Indians. This is nice as you have a variety of things you can see and do.



No comments:

Post a Comment